Thursday, June 18, 2009

House: I've become a huge fan

House, M.D. is easily among the best shows on television, and Hugh Laurie's brilliant turn as a doctor who plays-by-his-own-rules is among the most interesting, entertaining and attention-worthy characters I've come across in years, irrespective of format or medium.

I don't have time to talk more about it now, but I wanted to mention it because I'm enjoying the experience of discovering for the first time a television show that has been around for like five years. That way, every rerun you are able to catch is exciting and capable of distracting you from other stuff (which, after all, is foremost among the services provided by television, books and the like). House is clever and funny and rocks.

Anyone agree with me?

5 comments:

Gyspy Sun and Wooster and Geeves said...

You like a current network television show on FOX? I think I hear hell freezing over.

cft said...

but, did i mention that it's about A DOCTOR WHO PLAYS BY HIS OWN RULES??

it's not like i've suddenly started watching battlestar galactica or something.....

Death March Analog said...

I wasn't ripping on you or anything; I actually find the fact that you're watching House strangely comforting.

cft said...

Because it proves that I'm not denying myself simple pleasures in the service of obscure, self-serving principles?

Ermm. I don't expect a response to that!

Heh.

Gypsy Sun said...

Yes. Exactly that. :)